Dementia Friendly Performances
These performances are carefully tailored for people living with dementia and their families or carers so that everyone can enjoy the show in an environment that is comfortable and supportive.
Here are some of the ways we may adapt a show for a dementia friendly performance:
- The volume of music will be reduced when dialogue is taking place.
- There will be a very relaxed attitude to moving around the theatre and making noise.
- Changing seats during the performance is fine and so is leaving the performance and re-entering.
- There will be additional signage with pictures in the foyer.
- There will be a quiet room available before, during and after the show.
- There will be more staff on hand to offer help and support.
Patrons who require an assisting companion for their visit will receive the second ticket for free. Please book via the Box Office on 0115 9419419 if you require a companion ticket. If you, or a member of your party requires level access, you can find out more here.
Are you a group?
Save up to 20% on tickets when booking as a group of 10 or more. Find out more here or book by calling our Box Office on 0115 9419 419.
Are you a charity?
Our HotHouse scheme offers £7 tickets to charities and community groups, helping individuals to access theatre more easily. Find out more here.
If you have any other questions regarding access during your visit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.