Leaving a Legacy
If you’ve happy memories of visiting Nottingham Playhouse, you can share the joy of live theatre with generations to come by leaving a gift in your Will.
As Nottingham Playhouse is a registered charity (no. 1109342), no inheritance tax is payable on the amount of your gift. This means that after providing for your loved ones, any gift in support of our charitable work will be tax-free.
Your gift will leave a lasting legacy for Nottingham Playhouse’s continued work, both on stage and behind the scenes:
- £500 could give 50 local adults or children living in vulnerable situations a free night out to see a show, providing them with some escapism and joy.
- £1000 could provide a local school with bespoke drama workshops for a year.
- £10,000 would enable a local emerging artist to fulfil their potential and share new perspectives by commissioning a brand-new piece of writing.
- £100,000 would provide thousands of audience members with new and shared experiences by covering the costs of producing a mainstage production.
Your legacy gift to the Playhouse could be:
- A specific legacy – a gift of a specific item (e.g. shares, art, car, house). If you leave this kind of gift to Nottingham Playhouse, it will normally be sold so that the funds can be used for the theatre. Please have a chat with us first if you’re thinking of leaving a specific legacy.
- A pecuniary legacy – a gift of a specified amount of money. If you’d like to leave a pecuniary gift, please advise your solicitor to include the following wording in your Will: “I give free of all taxes payable on or by reasons of my death to Nottingham Playhouse Trust (Charity Registration Number 1109342) of Wellington Circus, Nottingham, NG1 5AF the sum of [amount in figures, amount in words], to be applied for the general purposes of Nottingham Playhouse Trust.”
- A residuary legacy – a share in the rest of your assets you have not already given to family and friends, which can be a percentage (e.g. 10%). With a residuary gift, even if your estate reduces over time (for example, you might choose to give some money during your lifetime or have unexpected costs later in life), a gift of 10% of your residuary will still be 10% of the new, reduced amount remaining in your estate.
Please get in touch:
We understand discussing your Will can be challenging, so rest assured we will follow your lead, and all conversations surrounding legacies will be treated in the strictest confidence.
If you are interested in leaving a gift in your Will, please get in touch with us via Supportus@nottinghamplayhouse.co.uk or 0115 873 6242 where a member of our team will be able to discuss options with you in more detail.
Or, if you have already chosen to leave a legacy gift for Nottingham Playhouse, we’d love it if you would let us know so we can say thank you and discuss how your donation could be acknowledged.