Reflections: Creative Writing Competition
The competition is now closed. Winners will be announced shortly.
Nottingham Playhouse and Nottingham City of Literature invite you to share your stories in celebration of the 20th Anniversary of the unveiling of Anish Kapoor’s Sky Mirror at Nottingham Playhouse.
Using one of our four inspiration points, create a piece of writing – poem, non-fiction, a short story or whatever takes your fancy.
- Imagine going through the Sky Mirror, where do you find yourself?
- Looking into the Sky Mirror you’re surprised to see….
- How does the Sky Mirror reflect your city?
- Anything you feel inspired to write!
Click the button below and submit your work to be in with the chance of winning book tokens, four tickets to a Nottingham Playhouse Theatre Company production of your choice or £150 in cash. There is also an under 16s category, so do encourage any young budding writers you know to take part.
The deadline for submissions is Tuesday 8 June at 11.59pm. The winners will be selected by a panel of judges that includes playwright Stephen Lowe, whose long association with Nottingham Playhouse encompasses productions of Touched, Glamour and Old Big ‘Ead in The Spirit of the Man.
We can’t wait to read what you come up with.Click Here to Submit your Entry
Terms and Conditions:
- The competition will close on Tuesday 8 June 2021 at 11.59pm.
- All applications must be submitted via the jot forms link. We will not be able to accept any submissions via email or social media.
- Winners will be decided by a panel of judges on the basis of creativity.
- If you wish to withdraw your entry into the competition, you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There are no age or location restrictions for this competition.
- You do not need to be a previous Nottingham Playhouse or Nottingham City of Literature customer to enter.
- The winners will be notified within 28 days of the competition closing and they must respond within 28 days to claim their prize.
- Copyright to the writing will remain with the entrant but the entrant licences Nottingham Playhouse and Nottingham City of Literature to use their writing on their websites and social media.
- The competition will be hosted across multiple platforms.
- The prize cannot be exchanged for monetary value or any other item.
- This competition is hosted by Nottingham Playhouse, Wellington Circus, Nottingham NG1 5AF.
Photography by Clare Jones