Sessions are led by Meander Theatre Company who work with the participants to develop individuals’ theatre arts skills including performance, design, arts leadership and Front of House skills.
Due to social distancing restrictions, sessions for this term are shorter then usual and are held at Nottingham Playhouse. We are also running online Zoom sessions for those who wish to attend online from home. You can choose whether to attend the in-person sessions or the online sessions. When booking your place, please ensure you select ‘Receive my tickets as e-tickets‘ in the Ticket Delivery screen. In person sessions are limited to a maximum of 8 participants, online sessions are open for up to 15.
If you’d rather not book online, please call 0115 941 9419 to book over the phone.
If you are not able to commit to a full ten week term, please contact the Box Office to discuss options. We are keen to find ways to offer spaces even for shorter periods of time where possible. This cannot be guaranteed but please do call for an informal conversation.
If cost is likely to be a barrier to taking part, please fill in this bursary application form.
Due to the ongoing nature of the Covid-19 pandemic, we are implementing various measures for in-person Playhouse Platform sessions in order to ensure they are safe and comfortable for all those involved.
What we’ll do:
- Strictly limit the capacity of Playhouse Platform to allow for social distancing.
- Provide multiple hand sanitisation points for you to use.
- Design Playhouse Platform to avoid sharing materials and equipment.
- Ensure enhanced and frequent cleaning throughout our building.
- Provide up-to-date training for our workshop leaders.
- Send participants a reminder email with all you need to know, in line with the most up-to-date Government advice, a few days before Playhouse Platform starts.
What the participant will need to do:
- Follow social distancing and Government guidance during Playhouse Platform sessions.
- Bring your own drink or snack.
- If the participant is showing any of the symptoms of Coronavirus, or has been in contact with anyone that has the virus within 14 days of attending Playhouse Platform, they must not attend. If that is the case, please let us know before Playhouse Platform starts so we can give you a full refund for any sessions missed.
- Wear a face covering when moving generally around our building and in workshop sessions and other occasions when social distancing cannot be maintained, for example when it is not possible to stay more than 2m away from other participants.
- If participants are being dropped off or picked up, parents and carers will need to wait outside our main entrance doors to help limit numbers on site.
If you have any concerns about Playhouse Platform, or if you would like to see the space where it takes place before you attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.