Young Critics is led by professional Nottingham writer Sara Bodinar who has worked with film studios and TV production companies all over the world, is a script editor to Amazon best-selling authors, commissioned playwright, and a former Nottingham Post columnist. The Young Critics also meet other established writers and critics at fortnightly meetings, including attending Nottingham Playhouse press nights, and their work is shown on our website and in other public arenas when possible.
Young Critics is for:
- Young people keen to develop their writing and critical thinking skills.
- Students enrolled in creative writing / journalism / media courses within Nottingham universities and colleges.
- Young people looking for guidance and development towards breaking into professional review writing.
In a typical meeting Young Critics will:
- Gain notes on their individual reviews.
- Sharpen their critical skills.
- Debate with one another in their responses to the play.
- Understand there are many ways to express an idea or develop an argument and that multiple strategies can be employed to solve a writing problem.
Dates for the next Young Critics sessions will be released soon.
There are usually 5 sessions per term, running from 5 – 7pm, in many cases this will then be followed by watching a show for free. The cost for a full term is £50 including tickets to the show.