for Amplify members
Callout for Creative Associates
Our Creative Associates develop a significant relationship with Nottingham Playhouse over the course of a one year attachment.
This opportunity is open to Artists of any discipline.
Each Creative Associate receives a bursary of £1,000 to spend as they see fit. It could be on the development of a new piece of work, it could be used as match funding to support a funding bid, it could be used to undertake training and develop your practice. Alongside this we offer a bespoke partnership, supporting the development of your career – this might include:
- Access to rehearsal space
- Access to the expertise of the building and its numerous departments e.g. Marketing, Technical, Participation and Digital
- Access to the expertise of the Artistic team including: Artistic Director Adam Penford and our Artistic Associates
- Dramaturgical support from the Amplify Producer
- Support with ACE and other funding applications
- Opportunities to share work-in-progress
- Opportunities to observe rehearsals
We’re looking for Creative Associates who:
- Are from or based in the East Midlands.
- Have made, or have contributed to the making of, at least one show as a professional artist. We define this as a minimum of a week long run, with professional performers (paid or unpaid).
- Can clearly articulate why being a Creative Associate would be an important step in the development of their creative practice.
- Are interested in playing a role in the wider life of the Playhouse, this might mean seeing shows on our behalf and writing reports, running workshops for Amplify Members or the Participation department or representing the building at industry events.
To apply please fill in this application form or send your CV along with a 5 minute video detailing:
- Your connection to the East Midlands.
- Your journey as an Artist so far.
- Why being a Creative Associate would be an important step in the development of your creative practice and what you would like to achieve during the attachment.
Please also include links to examples of or responses to your work in the body of the email.
This needs to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Creative Association Application.
The closing date for applications is Monday 5 July at 12 noon.
We will notify all applicants of the outcome of their application on Monday 19 July. Interviews will be held w/c 26 July.
Amplify Festival 2021
After a hiatus in 2020, the Amplify Festival is back for 2021 and applications are now open!
About the Festival
The Amplify Festival is our annual festival of new work and forms a key part of our Artist Development Programme Amplify.
From 4-6 November 2021, we’ll be showcasing performances and works-in-progress made by artists who live in or originate from the East Midlands (Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire and Rutland), as well as offering a range of workshops and discussions.
Programming Criteria and Eligibility
We’re looking to create an eclectic programme of work from new, emerging and established artists from or based in the East Midlands.
Submissions for physical theatre, spoken word, dance, devised, new writing, circus, clowning, music theatre, children’s theatre are all welcome through our online application form.
For further information and to apply click here
Applications close on Friday 2 July at 12noon with the programme being confirmed on Friday 16 July.
If a written form is a barrier to applying then drop us an email at email@example.com and we’ll find a way to get all the information we need in a way that works for you.
ACE Project Grant Support
We are offering support to look through and feed back on draft applications for smaller independent organisations and freelancers based in, or with a connection to, the East Midlands.
If you would like to apply for our support with your application, please click here and complete this short online form.
We will endeavour to support as many applications as possible
Submissions close at 5pm, Aug 31 2021 after which we will publish a summary of the Equal Opportunities data from this opportunity.