Amplify is for theatre-makers at any stage of their career – whether you’re fresh out of education, early in your career, or someone who has been making professional work for several years, we want to be there for you.
By becoming a member of Amplify, you will become part of a network of artists connected to Nottingham Playhouse who live in or come from the East Midlands. We want you to feel welcome in the building and connected to a community of creatives. We want to get to know you and build a clearer picture of what professional development opportunities you’d benefit from.
The scheme is for anyone wishing to work professionally in theatre and who originates or currently resides in the East Midlands (Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Leicestershire and Northamptonshire).
Join Amplify and you will:
- Become part of a network of other local artists
- Get access to rehearsal space at Nottingham Playhouse for a discounted price
- Have access to advice and guidance from the Nottingham Playhouse team, including our producing, participation and marketing teams
- Receive regular communications regarding local opportunities
- Get £10 tickets for selected Nottingham Playhouse Theatre Company productions
- Have the chance to invite our Amplify team to see your work performed
- Get invited to Plug-in sessions, where you’ll meet our Artistic Director, Adam Penford
- Take part in Amp Nights, our regular scratch nights, and get feedback on your work
- Submit your ideas for new projects or performances during our Spring and Autumn submission windows
- Have the opportunity to apply to perform your work at Amplify Festivals
- Get access to workshops at Nottingham Playhouse and with our partners
- Get one-to-one advice and feedback on your work in our surgeries, or from specific departments including finance, marketing and production
If you fit the criteria we’ll sign you up to Amplify for regular newsletters, new opportunities and invitations. We process applications monthly so it can take 2-6 weeks to get you onto the system. You’ll receive a letter and a discount card in the post once you’re on our system.
If you require an alternative way to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a phonecall or face-to-face meeting.