Each year the National Theatre commissions ten new plays for young people to perform, bringing together some of the UK’s most exciting writers with the theatre-makers of tomorrow.
300 youth theatre companies and over 6,000 young people from every corner of the UK take part and produce a Connections play each year. This year the programme has been adapted to be as flexible as possible, responding to the restrictions in place due to Covid-19.
This year’s festival is set to be a vibrant whole-building, in-person take-over.
Six companies of young people will tread the boards of Nottingham Playhouse’s main stage, with many activities and sessions to get involved in. With a fun photo booth, Q&As with industry professionals, workshops, poster walls, pop-up stages, professional headshots/photographs and chill out spaces, this is set to be our most exciting festival yet. What better way to celebrate the power of live theatre?
See the schedule below for the full details of who is performing on each evening…
Thu 3 Jun
- Nottingham College Actors present A Series of Public Apologies (in response to an unfortunate incident in the school lavatories) by John Donnelly
- Solihull Sixth Form College present Look Up by Andrew Muir
Fri 4 Jun
- Bilborough 6th Form College present Like There’s No Tomorrow created by the Belgrade Young Company with Justine Themen, Claire Procter and Liz Mytton
Sat 5 Jun
- Nottingham Playhouse Connections Company present The IT by Vivienne Franzmann
- Flying High Young Company present Wind / Rush Generation(s) by Mojisola Adebayo
How We're Keeping You Safe
This event will be taking place in person and seating will be socially distanced. We have a number of other additional measures in place to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable visit. You can find out more about these here.
You will book an unreserved seat. However, in advance of the performances, we will be allocating bookings to seats to comply with social distancing. You will receive a new ticket with seat numbers on it after receiving your initial confirmation email.